Front-Load vs Top?

QuietEarl

Premium Member
Greetings,
A friend of mine highly recommended her Kenmore washing machine.
This is the specific one:
Kenmore HE2t Front-Load Washer
So I have two questions:
1) Being a bit conservative, I have no experience with front load washing machines. Does anyone have opinions about the pros and cons: front-load vs top-load.
2) Anyone have any experience with this particular washer?

Cheers,
QuietEarl

Mrs. Doodlepunk

Premium Member
Greetings,

1) Being a bit conservative, I have no experience with front load washing machines. Does anyone have opinions about the pros and cons: front-load vs top-load.
2) Anyone have any experience with this particular washer?

Cheers,
QuietEarl
Earl, I dont' have any experience with front loaders, other than the Duomatic my mother had YEARS ago.... but I am shopping right now to replace my old stacked Maytag that died this past week.

One thing I'm studying up on right now is the possibility of vibration and shaking from a front loader when it spins. One salesman told me the LG did a lot of shaking, and the Whirlpool might be better especially this year's model because they made it better balanced. But, this is just what I was told, I don't know this for a fact. A local appliance repair guy told me that front loaders in general are a lot more prone to shaking problems, especially on main floor wood frame houses. Ours had a laundry area off the hallway, but underneath are two walls that come to a corner under the laundry area. so, we are debating getting the Whirlpool and stacking the dryer on top, which might help.

A friend of mine has a Whirlpool duet and just loves it. She can wash a hand knit wool sweater in it and it does NOT felt, comes out beautiful every time. She says her towels are fluffier and don't take as long to dry.