Front Loader smell/slime

washerwarrior

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi, I have several questions.
I have had two service appointments with Sears and both times the seviceman failed to show.

The boot (bellow) has accumlated within the folds, (above the water line) a black slimey substance. The boot was replaced in 2005.

1- can the boot be cleaned without removal ? Perhaps a brush or spray of cleaning solution then flushing,followed by a cleaning of the tub.
2- Are there any videos of the boot replacement procedure?

I downloaded the duet_boot_door.jpg, the instructions require that the door switch be removed but do not explain how to do it.

I feel that this slime condtion occurs because the water levels never wash over this portion of the boot. Your thoughts please.

witter

Premium Member
Had the same problem. I am trying to fix my washer and discovered the drain holes in the front of the tub were clogged. they were so plugged I didn't even know they were there. I had a lot of calcium deposits beside slimmy water. I used limeaway with a brush and a wooden scraper to clean the rubber and it cleaned up. I had to use a cylindrical brush to clean the holes. just don't damage the finish. I hope this helps.