Front loader soap/bleach/softner tray won't drain

jtimco1

Premium Member
imported post

Hi All. I have a Kenmore 417 (Frigidaire) front load washer. The soap/bleach/softner tray does not drain the bleach and fabric softner during the cycle. The soap drains fine. Any Ideas?

It is 3 years old. When first purchased, there was never anything left in the tray after the cycle. A few months ago I started noticing water left in the bleach and fabric softner bins in the tray. Now the bleach and fabric softner remain in the bins in the tray. Is something clogged?

Thanks All.

-J

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

**41783142201**

Comes up as the dryer. Grab the model# from the washer and please post it :)

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
imported post

Hi,

**The soap/bleach/softner tray does not drain the bleach and fabric softner during the cycle. The soap drains fine**

I doubt something is clogged (might still bechecked )but a bad dispensor not allowing the filling water to enter the softener or bleach area is more likely, or timer is not sending the correct power to the dispensor valves to switch to the different spots to fill.

Dryer on top of the washer? If yes, it would have to come off to access the washers dispensor.

Dispensor assembly with valve

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
imported post

**Or have I completely lost my mind **

If you have ever worked in the appliance industry....the above is a given!

**were the earlier versions of this dispenser operated by means of a mechanical plastic linkage from the timer dial which in turn operated a "diverter"**

Yes they where.

jeff.