front loader wash time

brian

Premium Member
imported post

i had to replace the speed control on kenmore front loader after tub stopped spinning--tub now spins but now that i'm watching it, it's taken 52 minutesto over an hour to do a wash--and i stopped one wash after it was in "final spin" for 10 minutes

could there be a timer problem, in addition to previous speed control, or am i'm just being impatient

thanks, brian

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Hi Brian,

I have also replaced 50-100 of those motor controller boards in the last 7 years, they seem to work fine after they are replaced.

I believe your washer is ok.

You can try a small timed cycle without clothes in it, or run it through the final spin without clothes, but the final spin does take awhile to complete sometimes, you may see the tub turn back and forth awhile before it really starts speeding up.

The timers on those hardly ever go bad.:cool:

Jake

brian

Premium Member
imported post

thank youjake

sounds good --although i did another test last night where it was in final spin for 20 mins, spinning both directions very fast, (total wash time 1 hour 5 mins) before i stopped it manually--must be the watched pot never boils but it just seemed too long

brian

jnicosia

Premium Member
imported post

Turn off the extra rinse. Also try one of the other wash cycles, like delicate or perm-press.Also high-speed spin adds time to the total time. Try turning that off for a load once as well.

I also think that 1hour may not be bad for that machine.

Let us know how you make out.

-John

brian

Premium Member
imported post

thanks john

i will try different types of wash, but already had it on normal spin cycle and no extra rinse. since new motor control, it's making loud noise and vibration --could it be previous vibration, unnoticed by me, ruined first speed control? i've emailed jimo to get the document he's offering, but i'm assuming there's something more wrong. like most other posts, machine is only 4 years old

thanks again, brian

jnicosia

Premium Member
imported post

It may be the bearings. A really common problem on these machines with 3-4 years of use. I have a docuement that deails how to do the bearings. You can replace the bearings, will cost you about $45, or replace the rear half tub shell which comes with new bearings $180. Send me an email if you want the repair instructions I have.

john_nicosia -at- hotmail.com