• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frozen water line and water filter

vsteo

Premium Member
Model Number
EI23BC56IS6
Brand
Electrolux
My water line and water filter keep freezing. Once I defrost them everything works perfectly but within 12 hours it is frozen again. I tried increasing the temp of my freezer to 4 degrees and my fridge to 38 degrees but that did not work. The water filter was recently changed. Please help. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nothing else is freezing in your refrigerator section?

You can buy a inexpensive refrigerator thermometer, Get the liquid or digital type thermometer like the one here I use: Taylor Digital Refrigerator and Freezer Thermometer - Walmart.com

Then leave it on the bottom shelf for awhile and tell me the temperature of your refrigerator.

Jake

vsteo

Premium Member
The programmed temp is set to 36 degrees. The internal temp is about 36 but the temp in the vege drawer next to the water line is 32 degrees. I tried increasing the temp to 38 degrees but that was too warm for the food. The ice maker will not produce ice when the water line is frozen. As soon as I manually defrost the line the water and icemaker work fine until the line freezes again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats very odd, you may need to contact Electrolux to have a tech. come out to see why this is happening: http://www.electroluxappliances.com/Owner-Support/Contact-Us/

The Electrolux tech. can call the factory support line from your house to see if they have received other reports of this happening and they may have a kit the tech. can order that will fix this issue.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.