• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FRS23H7CSB1 Frigidaire Refrigerator - No Water to Ice Maker

JamesM

Premium Member
Model Number
FRS23H7CSB1
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire Classic Series - Model FRS23H7CSB1

No water coming into ice maker. Ice maker cycles fine. When activated, I can hear what I believe is the water inlet valve on/near the back of the fridge humming for about 10 seconds, but no water. However, the drinking water dispenser works fine. A few people have told me to replace the inlet valve. My question is - if the inlet valve was bad, wouldn't the drinking water flow stop too? Or is this a separate mechanism?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Because you have separate solenoids on the water inlet valve, the GREEN SOLENOID goes to the ice maker, the YELLOW SOLENOID goes to the water dispenser.

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the plastic water line tubing from underneath the GREEN SOLENOID and get a container to put under the GREEN SOLENOID to catch any water that comes out, then cycle the ice maker and watch during those 10 seconds if water comes out from the GREEN SOLENOID. If not, then that's the reason you are getting no water to fill the ice maker.:)

You'd need to replace the entire water inlet valve to get the GREEN SOLENOID, they don't sell it separately.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 242252702

Jake

JamesM

Premium Member
Thank you Jake for the specific directions. I found the solenoids at the bottom of the back, behind a cardboard backing. Water did come from the green solenoid - just a hair under 150ML. I tried unsuccessfully to blow through the end of the tube that I disconnected. I disconnected that tube at the top where it feeds into the chute going to the icemaker. That line was clear. Up inside the part that the tube threads to looked to be blocked. Ultimately I removed the chute and cleared the ice blockage. It's possible that I caused that. Years ago I had ice physically impeding the fan in the freezer. I noticed the icemaker water chute was U shaped and not a closed tube, so I rectified that, thinking the water was possibly splashing down and freezing, getting into the fan.