• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FRS26LH5DS3 Frigidaire Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Not Working.

yuk22319

Model Number
FRS26LH5DS3
Brand
Frigidaire
We have a Frigidaire FRS26LH5DS3 Refrigerator that had the evaporator fan motor not working. I replace the fan with a new one and it seemed to be working, however as I was putting the back cover of the freezer back on one of the wire nuts came off of the new wires and it made a big spark and stopped working. The lights inside the fridge still work and the coils still get cold but the fan does not work. I went back to Repair Clinic and bought a replacement fan motor and installed it but it still does not work. Is there a fuse or something inside the fridge that I need to replace?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is there a fuse or something inside the fridge that I need to replace?

No, there are no fuses anywhere in the appliance. The evaporator motor looks to be powered directly from the fridge's ADC (automatic defrost control) circuit board located in the control console. If the short didn't damage the wiring in between it and the motor, the ADC may now be defective and need to be replaced. :(

Unfortunately the ADC board # 241508001 for your model looks to be discontinued. There was a replacement kit # 5303918476 to replace the original PCB at one time but that too is discontinued. You might be able to find old stock or used ones somewhere if you determine it is definitely needed.

Dan O.