• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FRS6HR45KS0 Frigidaire Refrigerator Water line replacement

HaleyH

Premium Member
Model Number
FRS6HR45KS0
Brand
Frigidaire
image.jpg
Our water dispenser has been leaking for two years, so we just haven’t been using it. It only leaks when in use. I finally decided to find the leak and change it. It is in the water line, so I thought I would replace the line. I cannot get the line to pull through. I can hear it wiggle inside the door, so it may just be stuck at this end. What is my next step?

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
There's nothing holding the line in that area. Instead of wire/side cutters use a razor blade to cut off the piece that's still there , then try it. Maybe a little WD40. If that doesn't work you'll need to remove the top door hinge then lift it off the bottom hinge and cut the line. Use a razor blade to cut the line.

HaleyH

Premium Member
Thank you. That’s what I was afraid of. I will try WD40 to see if I can get it out. Is there a way to just cap the yellow tube so water doesn’t spray out if someone hits the water dispenser button?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
frigidaire-tube-water-218976409-ap2115580_01_m.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Is there a way to just cap the yellow tube
Pull the two wire connector off the yellow coil on the water valve.
I will try WD40 to see if I can get it out.
If you cut the piece of water line still hanging out of the hinge with a razor blade you might not need WD40. It might just pull out. Where you cut it, it looks like it's an oval shape and it won't go through the hinge. Cut it flush with the hinge and use a razor. Then try pulling it through.