• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FTF530FS1 Timer clicks and advances, but then seems to stall until I advance it one click

tflt

Premium Member
Model Number
FTF530FS1
Brand
Frigidaire
I replaced the motor control board, and door latch last November after suffering the common high speed spin issues, the machine ran fine until last week when I needed to manually advance the timer to get the washer to perform its next function. I ordered and installed a new timer to find the problem still exists.

I now realize that the timer is advancing, but the washer still fails to perform the next function in the sequence, if I advance the dial one click it will begin the next cycle. So, as the current action is completing, the timer clicks and advances, but then seems to stall until I advance it one click.

I am understandably frustrated with this machine, because it's one of 3 identical washers that I am responsible for, the other 2 sets have worked flawlessly, (and my mother thrashes hers!), so it is in my best intrest, not to throw the towel in yet.

What's Next?????
Patrick

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Sometimes the timer stalls from a bad motor speed board...neutral for the timer goes through the board and some stalling is the motor control board...
Frigidaire Frontload Washer Help | Appliance Aid

Motor-Control-Board-134149220-00710323.jpg Spin control board assembly. Front load washing machine Manufacturer Number 134149220

jeff.

tflt

Premium Member
Thanks, I replaced the motor control board less than a year ago.
Looks like I'll be ordering another.

tflt

Premium Member
New spin control board installed, washer operating properly!

Thanks Jeff