• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Furnace inducer motor wire identification

dblhelix

Premium Member
Model Number
FBF075B12A4
Brand
-brand-
Hi. Somewhat of an odd request here, but I purchased an inducer motor for my furnace and it did not come with a wiring harness. I know I could just put terminals on the old wire, but I'm hoping to have an easy-off and easy-on installation that allows me to go back to the old inducer if the new one has a problem (old one still works but makes a lovely noise). I looked around at my local hardware store but couldn't find any cable that really matched the info I found on the insulation, so I'm hoping maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

I've attached a photo, but I admit the quality isn't the greatest. It apparently is difficult for me to get a good photo of the text on the insulation.
Main things I could read off of it: AWM Style 3173 600 volt. Can't tell if it's 16 or 18 gauge. Only need a small run of <5 ft.
Part number for the inducer motor is 1013833.
Thanks!
wire-photo.JPG

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The exact type of wire likely isn't important. As long as it isn't undersized you should be fine. So if you go with the larger size 16 gauge i can't see there being a problem .

Dan O.