FIXED Furnace will not light

Andy xx

Premium Member
Model Number
NUGE075DH01
Brand
-brand-
I'm have a problem with my Heil furnace. The pilot will light but the main burner will not light. I was told that it was probably the Ignitor Unit, which I had replaced once already (Honeywell S8600M) about 10 years ago. I bought a new one (Honeywell Intermittent Pilot Control, S8610U) and the new one doesn't even light the pilot. What's up with that? The company says it is the correct replacement Unit for this furnace. So I'm thinking this is a defective part. Any ideas out there? thanks for any help.

note: this furnace does not have a "flame sensor" but there is some kind of feedback mechanism through the ground wire from the plate on the pilot light. The temperature limit and pressure limit switches appear to be working.

Last edited:

Andy xx

Premium Member
Got it working. It turned out that the wiring for the new Ignitor Unit is different than the old one. The new one uses the TH-W connection instead of the old 24v connection. I had to look at the wire diagram very closely.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Andy, sorry no one replied, the guy that use to help us here got sick and couldn't come back.

Good job finding the problem.:)

Jake