• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FWT445GES2 Washer- doesn't spin clockwise and clothes are still wet at end of cycle

bsolve

Model Number
FWT445GES2
Brand
Frigidaire
My washer- a Frigidaire Gallery (heavy duty extra large capacity, 2-way action washing) is not rotating clockwise at all during all cycles. In addition, it does not thoroughly get the water out of clothes. I sometimes have to wring the water out. I hear the water fill and drain, so nothing is clogged. There is not a pool of water in the washer at the end.

The door lock light comes on when it is supposed to, and it stays locked during cycles.

I sat and watched it go through an entire cycle and it is doing to rapid fast spin at the end. Throughout most of the other cycles it rotates a few times counter clockwise, and sits still a lot (maybe trying to spin the other way?) sometimes making clicking sounds. I noticed that during one point it sounded as if a fast motor was running but the clothes sat still. The small fan underneath was spinning to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like you possibly have a bad motor.

First check the motor connector where the harness plugs into it, make sure there is not any burned pin terminals and that all the pin terminals at in place correctly. I've seen many burnt pins on these models and that will cause this issue as well.

If no burnt pins in the motor connector, then you will need a multimeter to do a ohm test on pins 5 and 6 on the motor connector itself. Make sure your washer is unplugged first.

If no reading on pins 5 and 6 on the motor then the motor is bad, the resistance should be less than 5 ohms. Frigidaire Frontload Washer Motor Not Running | Appliance Aid

Here's the motor for your model you can order here:
Drive Motor 131276200

Jake