FIXED FWT449GFS1 BROKEN DOOR LOCK OE replacement is VERY different

Lilber Knight

Premium Member
Model Number
FWT449GFS1
Brand
Frigidaire
I have had this washer for many years and it's been trouble free. I once had to change the door catch. Now, my first real hurdle. I broke a tab off of the door lock so I went online and found a parts manual. The broken door lock is 131269400, which no longer exists. It's replacement is 131763202. It looks kind of similar but is a sealed unit in gray vs a somewhat open unit in white.
So, the problem: It has two many pin positions. I did more research and saw there was a kit sold at some point with a harness and a door catch (Makes sense as the door catch would not work on the new part I bought).

Can I use the new one by changing wire positions?

Lilber

Lilber Knight

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

The problem I am having is that my old one has a different orientation for the catch and 2 less pin positions. Here is a picture of both. Everyone has confirmed that the part you showed is the correct replacement but nobody has shown how to properly wire it to work. I did discover that there used to be a kit with a harness and a new catch but that is no longer available I'm told.

Lilber

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

I remember now. Yes, A select few washers will require a new wire harness kit and door strike for this item to work per the manufacturer. If assembly does not wire directly in.

This is the Door Switch/lock kit with the wire harness they show:
137523400 Door Switch/lock Kit

I located another thread about this from 2 other members: FIXED: 417.39012890 Need help with wiring

The first member ridesapaint made a diagram on how to do it.

The second member Parnelltk could not do it his way and needed the new wire harness adaptor. Look at the last post of that thread, post #20.

You can try what those 2 members did, I've never direct wired it before, I always ordered the Door Switch/lock Kit that I post the link to above.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, I thought that might cheer you up.:)

Yes, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Paul, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake