FX710BGS Samsung Gas Range Broiler Not working after ignitor replacement

concort

Premium Member
Model Number
FX710BGS
Brand
Samsung
So I just replaced my broiler ignitor in gas oven and the broiler is still not lighting. The ignitor is glowing red and working perfect. But the broiler flames are not firing. Any ideas? The oven itself (bottom burner in oven) is working fine. I smell gas when I hit the broil button and I see (and hear) a small flame burst occurs where the gas tube connects to my burner tube (there's that small opening there) and I see a small flame there but the tube never lights with all the flames in all those little holes in the burner tube. Any suggestions?

Like I said the bottom oven burner works just fine and all cook top burners working A-OK.

Thanks
Brian

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Missing many digits.

I found:
FX710BGS/XAA-00 FX710BGS/XAA-01 FX710BGS/XAA-02 FX710BGS/XAA-03 FX710BGS/XAC-00

There is nothing in the burner like a spider web?

jeff.

concort

Premium Member
It looks like: FX710BGS/XAA
Thats all it shows then a long SIN # under the long bar code.

No not seeing any cob webs. Looks clean and clear.

Should there be a flame showing in that little opening where the gas tube (coming from the back of the unit) connects to the burner tube? Im thinking no. The flames should just be coming out of all those little holes in the burner tube right? Its not currently... this is the issue. There's just a little flame showing in that little opening where the burner tube connects to gas tube. Cant figure out why the burner isn't firing up.

jeff1

Staff member
FX710BGS/XAA
Thats all it shows then a long SIN # under the long bar code.
Hopefully that means version 0 and not version 1, 2 or 3.

Should there be a flame showing in that little opening where the gas tube (coming from the back of the unit) connects to the burner tube? Im thinking no. The flames should just be coming out of all those little holes in the burner tube right?
Flame should be on the burner holes yes.

The ignitor is glowing red and working perfect.
If the ignitor is drawing the correct current draw ( 3 - 3.6 amps ) the gas safety valve may be faulty.
If the ignitor is not drawing the correct current draw, the ignitor would be bad.

Valve-and-Pressure-Regulator-DG94-00449A--01836738.jpg Gas Oven Safety Valve And Pressure Regulator Assembly

Igniter-DG94-00520A--01558199.jpg Oven igniter

LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/gas-range-repair-help.php#glow

jeff.

concort

Premium Member
Jeff

No Im talking about THIS gap/hole where the burner tube would connect to the gas tube.... See attached image. Should a flame be coming out of THIS gap?

Thxgastube.png

jeff1

Staff member

concort

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff. So it sounds like perhaps my valve is not fully opening. I do hear a pop at first... then just the flame coming out of that one gap where the two tubes connect. Not sure why tube never fully ignites... obviously the proper amount of gas is not getting into it. What is your suggestion as a result?

Thanks!

jeff1

Staff member
What is your suggestion as a result?
So far from your description.

Valve-and-Pressure-Regulator-DG94-00449A--01836738.jpg gas oven safety valve and pressure regulator assembly

But I would still check the amp/current draw of the ignitor as it MUST draw the correct current to open the gas safety valve.

If the ignitor is drawing the correct current draw ( 3 - 3.6 amps ) the gas safety valve may be faulty.
If the ignitor is not drawing the correct current draw, the ignitor would be bad.
Yes your ignitor can glow and still be bad.

jeff.

concort

Premium Member
ok so the igniter was just purchased and is brand new... cant imagine its that but I suppose anything is possible. I just dont have anything to test the amps. what is your best guess on having a repair guy come out and replace that value assembly thing (part + labor)... best guess anyway. Just curious if its worth it since its a almost 6-year old unit. I can just return the ignitor so I dont have any other money into it. I just dont want to keep trouble shooting and paying for all that if its just the same to buy a new unit. What do you think? Since the ignitor is new and there's obviously still an issue its either gotta be safety valve and pressure regulator assembly and/or something tied to the ignitor thats not giving it its proper current...either is going to have costs associated with it. So in your opinion is it worth it... assuming you have a general idea of what a repair guy would typically charge (with parts) to repair either (or both) issues.

Thanks in advance!

concort

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff for your responses. Based on all this it sounds like its not worth sinking more $$ into this hunk of garbage... and sad thing is, its not really a hunk of garbage since its only around 5 years old. Its "garbage" because no one makes stuff of good quality anymore... no one. And i've found it really doesnt even matter if you spend big bucks for so called "premium" product names... stuff still breaks waaaay before its time.

I still have a MayTag washer and dryer from over 20 years ago. Only ever replaced the drive belt in the dryer. Where are products like this?? Unbelievable.

Thanks again!

jeff1

Staff member
3-8 years is most common today of an life expectancy today :(

jeff.

concort

Premium Member
Hmmm yea thats certainly evident in today's products. Maybe that's whats keeping them in business... our repeating buying every few years. How bout they lower the stinking costs then. Anyway in your opinion do you think its safer to spend more... like 1400 vs 700 on a new gas range? Does that mean it will last longer cuz its better (considering it costs more)?

jeff1

Staff member
Does that mean it will last longer cuz its better (considering it costs more)?
Not really.
I don't buy top of the line, I don't buy entry level but we buy and recommend mid line appliances. We also try to stay away from off shore stuff ( LG, Samsung, Haier, etc ).

jeff.

concort

Premium Member
While your at it, what DO you recommend in terms of quality and longevity? I presume your in the repair business? If so, what is the brand you see the least of?

Thanks so much.

jeff1

Staff member
what is the brand you see the least of?
None. We only get calls when things break.
It is more whom has a good flow of information, service, parts, if and when needed.
Whirlpool, Maytag are a couple of good brands.

jeff.