FIXED G37025PEAW0 Refrigerator freezes vegetables

PopTheCherry

Premium Member
Model Number
G37025PEAW0
Brand
Amana
A few months ago the refrigerator stopped working, the technician replaced the control board and the refrigerator was back to life.
However, it is very cold, although the temperature set to minimum ("1" on the control keyboard, "7" is coldest).
The technician came back but didn't really know how to solve it, said that we put too much food in the refrigerator and this causing to freeze.
What could be the problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Something isn't right here, your refrigerator says 220-240 volts at 50 hz, In the USA that refrigerator can not be used.

Is this a European Refrigerator?

Where did you buy this refrigerator at?

Your in Israel? Not Illinois? IL in the USA is the abbreviation for Illinois.

Jake

PopTheCherry

Premium Member
I'm from Israel... is this forum only for American appliances? Must be some equivalent part number in US, no? This is side-by-side refrigerator with bottom freezer

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes this is a USA and Canada appliance repair forum, there isn't any equivalent to yours here, sorry.

Search google for a appliance repair forum closer to where you live.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
the technician replaced the control board and the refrigerator was back to life. However, it is very cold, although the temperature set to minimum
Is it the refrigerator compartment temperature that is too cold? How is the freezer temp?

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
There are parts lists for later models G37025PEAW1, G37025PEAW2, G37025PEAW3 and G37025PEAW10 at the following link. I'm confident there should only be minor variations between those and the OP's model. The diagrams should at least be able to be used as a reference.

LINK > Amana G37025PEAW... Parts Lists

In fact, I'm sure it should operate the same as any other Amana bottom freezer model with Jazz control, except that the electrical components are 220V instead of 120V.

If it is only too cold in the refrigerator section, just the damper may be malfunctioning. Maybe it wasn't connected correctly to the new control board when installed? If we get clarification of the symptoms from the OP, maybe we can suggest a course of action?

JMO

Dan O.

Last edited:

PopTheCherry

Premium Member
Is it the refrigerator compartment temperature that is too cold? How is the freezer temp?
The refrigerator section is too cold. I don't know regarding the freezer section , can be "too cold"?

Meanwhile, I looked at the attached wiring diagram, seems like my contol board was programmed with incorrect code - it was "17", and according to sticker inside the refrigerator, it should be "24".
What does this code mean?
Anyway, I have programmed a correct code

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Check damper operation

The refrigerator section is too cold.
Than it may just be the damper inoperative. The tech should look into its functioning.

I don't know regarding the freezer section , can be "too cold"?
Yes it can. While -16 C to -20 C is a normal freezer temperature range, it could get to -30 C or colder if it was running too much.

JFYI

Dan O.

Last edited:

PopTheCherry

Premium Member
I've tested the damper, it works ok
But - seems that the problem disappeared after programming the correct code!
It has been running for 2 days without freezing the food.
I wonder what at all this code means.

PopTheCherry

Premium Member
Bumping up this thread... after a year of normal working, the refrigerator started to get the symptoms of the original problem - the temperature set to minimum ("1" on both sides) but the food starts to freeze. I've measured the temperature inside - it is 33.8F (I have used professional digital thermometer with wire prob)
Any ideas? New jazz board again?