G4228SCU Brand new Miele dishwasher defect ?

Lucidlife

Premium Member
Model Number
G4228SCU
Brand
Hi there, first post here, thank you for this really helpful forum.

So I bought a new dw which was delivered this morning and it appears to be doa or is there something I did wrong?

There was already a dishwasher before, which I removed so it was basically plug and play except for the tailpiece I had to change for a 7/8 for the larger drain hose. I tried a cycle to make sure everything was fine so I started one, the water filled to what I read was the right level and then the pump started and stopped several times (also heard a relay or sensor clicking) until the display popped a F14 error (pump pressure related or something stuck) I turned it off and restarted a cycle so it drained perfectly and refilled to the same level, error came back.

Tech support is closed on week ends and I will call them Monday morning but I wanted to know if someone had a clue. Could it be a bad install if everything is level, water comes in and drains perfectly to my knowledge?

If it has to be repaired, I would have them swap it for a working new one but I don't know if I can require that. Not time to take it apart now though.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check all your electrical wire connectors, one may have come loose.

If you find nothing loose, then yes call them Monday: Customer Support: 888-99-MIELE

Jake

Lucidlife

Premium Member
Hi Jake, if the pump can get the water in and out, does it draw more current recirculating the water in the dishwasher ?

I checked the wiring (it originally comes hooked up to a 120v 3 prongs connector but I hardwired it since I had no receptacle around. I pulled on the wires and the connections look solid.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
if the pump can get the water in and out, does it draw more current recirculating the water in the dishwasher ?
I don't know what you mean by that.:)

Just call Miele this morning and have them come out.:)

Jake