mochiler

Premium Member
Model Number
NGD7200
Brand
Amana
Hi,

Need some help on this one...
Igniter didn't glow, i checked all the chain everything seems to Ohm out O.K.

Did the following:

1. Bypassed the relay on the control board - igniter glows.
2. Replaced control board, igniter did glow for a while but flame went out after a few seconds / minutes.
3. Now doesn't glow at all - replaced coils same thing.
4. Went back and bypassed the relay on the (new) control board now igniter glows again.

I am at a lost - can it be another defective control board?! I don't think i hear the relay clicking at start. is there any signal coming from the display part that effects it?

Thank you very very much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Have you ohm tested the flame sensor?(unplug the dryer first) Should read 0 ohms, take the wires off first.

Here's the flame sensor, it mounts on the side of your gas burner tube:
WP338906 Flame Sensor

If the flame sensor is good, then yes, I'd say you received a defective control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Whirlpool WP35001153 Control Board

Jake

mochiler

Premium Member
Still no good

Thank you very much Jake!

Following your advice i rechecked the flame sensor and it was actually 1 Ohm, i replaced with a new one and it started working great for about 5-6 loads but now i am back to square one - the igniter doesn't glow.
I did the same test as before (bypassed the relay in the control board by connecting the blue and black wires together directly) and when i do that i get it glowing.
I went and verify the relay "live" and it remains open (infinite resistance) when i start the dryer on time dry.
i have the old control board and the new one - both behave the same and both worked initially when i replaced the flame sensor.
Can there be something bad with the control from the display / control knob?
Is there any schematics of the control board and display board? any other advice - things to check?

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, There is nothing else it could be, unless you have a short in your wiring.

You'll need to have Amana come out to see what's going on.

Jake