• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Gas Oven/Broiler not working/igniting

hwmkids

Premium Member
I have a Kenmore gas range/oven, and the oven/broiler stopped igniting, and needed some help with the repair. The Glow Plug burns bright orange, and hot, but no flame. I occasionally have smelled gas, but not much. Does my oven have a pilot that is supposed to be lit, or does the glow plug do the work? Any help would be VERY appreciated, as I'm not certain where to go from here. Thanks! (P.S. The stove top works fine!).... well actually... now that I'm thinking about it, the front left burner doesn't ignite (no clicking sound) when you turn the dial to "lite". But the burner does ignite (spark) when you turn any of the other three dials to "lite", so you have to turn one of the other dials to "lite", then turn the gas on for the one that's not lighting on it's own. If we could get a part number for that too... that would be great! Thanks SOO much for any help. :)

Kenmore Model # 362.72291790

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Whenever the oven igniter glow bar stays orange and no gas comes out so it can ignite it, its always the oven igniter glow bar thats the culprit.

Here's the one for your model you can order:
Manufacturer's Number: WB13K21

WB13K21

Its easy to replace, just take the bottom oven panel from inside your oven off, then you remove the flame spreader metal shield, then you will see the oven igniter mounted on your burner tube, just remove the oven igniter off from your burner tube and install the new one.:)

The electrical wiring connections from it usually just run down to the very bottom of your oven, just pull your storage drawer/broil pan assembly out all the way then get a flashlight and you will see where the wiring connections from it go.

Unplug your range first before changing it.:)

Jake<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hwmkids

Premium Member
Thank you!!!

Thank you so much jake, for sharing your appliance Brilliance... I'm gonna order the part, but I'd also like to order what I need for the range as well. Is it possible to take another look at my first post, and shoot me over a part # for the range top issue as well...
THANKS AGAIN! :) :D :) :D :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member