GB2FHDXWS03 Whirlpool Gold refrigerator temperature control panel flashes zeros. Not cooling

H20Diver

Premium Member
Model Number
GB2FHDXWS03
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (GB2FHDXWS03) that has started blinking zero (0) on the inside temperature panel inside the fridge. Neither the fridge or bottom freezer is cooling. Up until this morning, the appliance worked great. I can disconnect power and then when plugging back in, the fridge and freezer start cooling, but only for a minute or two. The temperature control panel and lights still operate after the first coupl of minutes, but the appliance cooling and noise shut off. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So nothing is running after the first 2 minutes you plugged it back in? No fans or anything?

If that's the case, then its likely the JAZZ control board has gone out, I had one do this a couple months ago in my local area, and I ordered the new JAZZ control board and that fixed it.

Here's the JAZZ control board for your model you can order:
JAZZ Main Control Board WPW10503278

Let us know.

Jake

H20Diver

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Yes after 1 to 2 minutes, all fans, etc. shut off. During this period immediately after plugging in, verything was running and you could feel cold air blowing in back of fridge vent and in the freezer. But then nothing after a minute or two other than the lights and 0,0 on the temp readout board.

I was just looking for how to test the control board with my multi meter when I stumbled upon some some information regarding how to program the Jazz control board. I followed the instructions on a whim, and the fridge/freezer now works. I am not sure what caused the board to lose it's programming. Could it have been an electrical brownout? I thought it may possibly be the capacitor or starter relay (which I see you guys carry replacement parts), but now that the board is programmed and up and running, I am not so sure. If it happens again, would you think it is the control board? Thanks for your help. PS. It has been running now for 1 hour and cooling nicely.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's possible, but usually it will keep losing its programming if its done it once already.

So just monitor it, if it does it again then I'd replace the JAZZ control board.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake

H20Diver

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Okay, Fridge has been fine for 3 weeks, but has now shut down completely. There is no digital readout showing like last time (where I had to reprogram). So the fridge has no cooling, fans, or digital readouts for the freezer and fridge settings (but the internal light bulbs work when the door opens). Could this be the "Jazz" board you spoke of earlier, and if so, is there anything I need to order? I have the link you provided to the Jazz board, but thought I would ask before ordering in case there is something else I may need. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, you will need to order the JAZZ board, that's what my customer's refrigerator was doing too.

That's all you need to order.:)

There is a excellent Video in this link that shows how to replace it:

Jake