• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GC3PHEXNS00 Whirlpool Refrigerator - 2 Chirps and Temperature Control Pad does not display

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Model Number
GC3PHEXNS00
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

this site has provided some great insight in the past for me, thanks! I have a Whirlpool Gold GC3PHEXNS00 and I hear two chirps and the control display panel is intermittent. There are times when all works fine and I have no chirps coming from the fridge. This fridge is installed in a motorhome, so pulling the fridge out is a bit of a process, but will do so. From reading threads on here this morning, it sounds like a potential motherboard issue. Our unit was built in 2004. Also, when I hear the chirping noise the display turns on and it sounds like a fan starts up on the fridge side. Thanks for the assistance in advance!

Attachments

• E5FA8560-1940-4A85-9DB3-000E94A0485B.jpeg
    E5FA8560-1940-4A85-9DB3-000E94A0485B.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Thank you for the info. I will try that one first. For now, the fridge is functioning with no chirps, but the display is flickering for the temperature settings. I will order the part.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the connectors with the power OFF.

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Does the panel pull down from the ceiling on plastic clips? I will give it a go. Wait a minute, I do see bolts up by the lights. I will give it a try, thanks!

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Update. The fridge has run and stayed cool despite the display at times flickering or being completely out. Even with the display flickering or out, the chirping noise and fan start up and off has not occurred. It seems that when the fridge chirps (I imagine the sound is coming from the main board in back) and the fan starts up along with the display turning on and off with the rhythm of the chirps; the display shows all segments of the digits as it turns on and off. Since we are on the road traveling this week, I elected to not shut off the power and disconnect the board until we are parked again for a couple weeks. I will still order the new board and replace it this week. Thank you for all the assistance so far!

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Hello Rick,

I turned off the power to the fridge and disconnected the control board for about 5 minutes. When I powered it up, it is back to the flashing all digits of the display, the fan motor (probably the defrost motor) starting up, and the two chirps from the main board behind the fridge. It seems to cycle from having trouble, to the fridge running properly. I can tell when it is about to have problems because the display starts to flicker and then ultimately go out. I have the new computer control part you gave me on order, but stock seems out everywhere. I checked with the site you recommended first, and then started hunting around the internet. My question is if the fridge continues in the chirping mode, does it have some ability to stay cold. So far the freezer has stayed frozen and the fridge holds at 40 degrees. I have thermometers in both sides.
Thank you for all of your advice!
John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick should be here soon, but the problem your having is usually the main control board.:)

Here's the SERVICE KIT for your model you can order:
W10823804 Electronic Control Board Service Kit

Look here:

Jake

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

thank you for the info. I ordered the service kit esp since they said it was in stock. The control panel computer is on back order from Whirlpool from my local appliance parts store and I ordered the service kit from the repair clinic. For now, the fridge modulates between running with or with out the display, and then the faint chirps will start and the compressor etc shuts down. I did purchase some dry ice in case it calls it quits completely. Appreciate any other insight and thank you for your time.

john

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John, the Service Kit should fix it all.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John, sounds good.

Jake

eagle421flyer

Premium Member
Hello Jake,
I installed the new computer service kit this evening and all seems well thus far. Thank you for all of your assistance! Since our fridge is installed in our motorhome, we were happy to repair it as the only way to install a new one is to remove the front windshields for a swap out. Nice to know many parts are available including the compressor if needed. Thank you again with your help to a successful repair!
john

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent John, glad to hear the new Electronic Control Board Service Kit fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.