GDF520PGJ2WW Dishwasher will not turn on

Redrail

Premium Member
Model
GDF520PGJ2WW
Brand
GE
This dishwasher will not turn on. There is power to dishwasher but when I press the buttons nothing happens. I have changed the door switch but still nothing. No lights, no sound. ???

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Remove power from the machine and access the main control board. Restore power and check the blinking pattern of the service LED on the board. Then With the dishwasher in Standby Mode (not running a cycle), press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. On entry into the Consumer Error Mode, the control reports the door status for 10 seconds. All LEDs are solidly illuminated, if the door is detected as closed. All LEDs are flashing if door is detected as open. After the door check, the control will enter a mode to display any error codes that are currently detected by the control.
Snapshot_1.jpg
If any of the above LED’s illuminate, it indicates the fault condition is present. These fault displays cannot be cleared manually; they will be automatically cleared by the control when the fault condition is no longer present. Consumer Error Mode will time out after 5 minutes.

Dcoaker00

I have the same issue but can’t get the unit into consumer error mode. I dropped the main control board and the service light is steady on (not blinking). What are the next steps? Thanks for your help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member