GDF520PGJ2WW GE dishwasher continuing to cycle

warmothr

Model Number
GDF520PGJ2WW
Brand
GE
Weird problem with our dishwasher. We've had it for probably three years now, and up until recently have had no issues. It doesn't appear to be turning off/completing a cycle (and I've tried all of the different options -Autosense, Normal, etc.). I've tried resetting the machine (holding the Start and the Wash Temp buttons down for 5 seconds) - which seems to end the cycle - and cutting power at the breaker. You can cancel a wash, but the machine will start back up as soon as the door shuts. You can reset the machine and shut the door, but you get a chime every few minutes that suggests that the cycle is over. Setting the machine on Autosense makes it work automatically (I don't get a chance to hit Start before it starts up automatically). I've ran the machine three times today and have stopped it/canceled/reset it after an hour and half. Not sure it will turn off on it's own at this point at all.

Any thoughts on what's wrong or how it can be fixed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, yours is doing strange things, I haven't run into a GE doing what yours is doing.

I'd first check your UI(user interface) board and control panel buttons and see if you notice any corrosion or anything that looks odd, it sounds like you possibly have a short in the UI, or the buttons are sticking like the start button, since you mentioned it starts automatically without you pressing the start button.

I'm attaching your service manual below, pages 45-50 tells you how to access the UI(user interface) board and control panel parts.

--->Here's the UI(user interface) for your model: WD21X23463 Kit Svc Ui Front Logic

Also check the Service LED on the main control board and see how many times its flashing. Pages 54-57 tells you how to access the main control board.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24798

Jake

Attachments