• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDF520PSJ2SS GE Dishwasher would still beep randomly then today now it’s dead

nerdboy1

Model Number
GDF520PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Hello, the appliance is about 4 years old. A month ago it kept beeping then it just sort of went dead. The repair man came and looked it over and said it was the control panel. But interestingly enough somehow he did something and it started working again all be it with the beeps but at least it would run! A week later he replaced the part and it kept working but would still beep randomly then today now it’s dead again so weird—if I could just figure out what he did or reset I would do it myself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What part did the tech. replace? The machine control board underneath the dishwasher or the UI Board at the top of your door?

Usually when it beeps randomly when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is around it, the UI Board is the culprit.

--->Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23463 Kit Svc Ui Front Logic

"NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly".

Jake