• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDF610PMJ2ES GE dishwasher No power

Buckeyes806

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
After reading some of the other posts about this type of issue. I replaced the control board. That worked for about 1-2 weeks then again no power. Removed the kick plate and while wiggling the main power cord the dishwasher had power. So I thought I might have a loose wire. Again have a week or so it happened again. But this time wiggling the wires didn’t fix it. I pulled the dishwasher apart and doubled checked everything but to avail.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, The machine control board is underneath the front of the dishwasher. Just remove the bottom panel to get access to it. Then get a multimeter and see if your getting 120 volts to it.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model:

Look here:
D-GE control board status led.jpg

You will need to take the voltage reading from the 120 VAC SUPPLY electrical connector, just remove the 120 VAC SUPPLY electrical connector and put your meter probes in it, and your meter should read 120 Volts.

If your meter reads 120 volts, and the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, then your machine control board is defective.

See it on the right side of this photo below? Coming off the two yellow wire nuts, I circled it in red.:)
J722red.jpeg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so the wire harness coming from the door was still connected to the machine control board when you saw the STATUS LED STEADY ON?

If so, You will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 Volts DC.

--->The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Connector J722 is located on the metal casing side of the main control board.

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You check for 13.5 Volts DC at the machine control board where you circled it in RED.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good, that indicates your machine control board is good and the problem is the UI Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model to replace the UI Board:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Page 26 Door Removal
Page 28 Separate Door
Page 29 Front Control Console Removal
Page 30 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST FIRST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Keep us posted.

Jake