• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDF610PMJ2ES GE Slate Dishwasher that powers off and on randomly, UI Board replaced still no power

prcman

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
I have a dishwasher that starting losing power a few months ago and now has no power. I did notice before it died completely that it would randomly beep when not in use. I would pull it out from under the counter and it would randomly power up. I thought there was a short in my hard wire where there was a splice, this happened several times over last year. Sometimes it would go months running fine then all of a sudden no power. i used a tool to check power on both sides of the splice and all the way up to the door latch but now it won't power on.
I read through several posts here and I checked the main control board which displays a steady on green light. I bought a new UI board and made the changes to the jumpers and replaced the board. I still have no power and the status light is still showing a steady green light. Any help on other possible causes that could cause no power would be greatly appreciated.
In the mean time I will remove the UI board and check the jumpers again.

Model: GDF610PMJ2ES

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, make sure your UI Board personality jumpers are set properly, in fact take a photo of how you set them and upload it here so I can see if its correct.

If the jumpers are set properly, you need to check for 13.5 Volts DC, at the machine control board. You can also check for 13.5 Volts at the UI Board after you check it at the machine control board if you want, there is a video in the UI Board part link that I'm posting below.

STATUS LED Steady ON: UI personality not set, communications lost between UI(User Interface) and MC(Machine Control Board).

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is not found here, then replace the machine control board. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then replace the UI Board.

Here's the UI Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Take the voltage reading from the J722 connector on the back side of the control board.

That J722 connector is on the other side of the control board, look here:

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

prcman

Premium Member
Jake,

I went back and reset the jumpers even though they looked good. I then plugged it into the control board before putting it all back together and it WORKS! The only thing I can think of is one was not pushed down all the way or something. I want to say thank you for helping me and a lot of the others here. I don't know if this is your full time job or you just volunteer to help but thanks so much.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @prcman glad to hear your back in business.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake