• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDF610PSJ6SS - rapidly blinking light on MCB also UI has randomly turned on at various intervals

ProFlo

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PSJ6SS
Brand
GE
I have a GDF610PSJ6SS, and for several months now the UI has randomly turned on at various intervals (several hours apart, typically). More recently, the UI has intermittently (every few days) become unresponsive, and flipping the circuit breaker off and back on will restore functionality. But last week that trick didn't work, so I did some more in-depth troubleshooting.

I began by replacing the breaker, but that didn't help. Next I checked the main control board, and the LED was flashing rapidly. I confirmed that it was getting sufficient AC voltage, confirmed that 13.5 V was at the connector going to the UI. Miraculously, the UI finally did power on again at one point, so I was able to enter Consumer Error Mode (no errors were detected) which would have reset the Current Sense Module if that had been tripped.

The end result was still a rapidly flashing LED. The mini-manual says to replace the MCB if there is a rapidly flashing LED. So I did, but it is still having the same issue with the UI turning on randomly and the LED on the MCB is still rapidly blinking. So, I have two questions:

1) Is replacing the UI board the next step?
2) Will GE reimburse me since the information in the mini-manual was apparently incorrect, and I needlessly purchased the replacement MCB?

~Christa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Christa, Yes the problem is the UI Board.

Here's the UI Board for your model: Configured Ui Board WD21X32000

There is a video in that part link that shows you to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

2) Will GE reimburse me since the information in the mini-manual was apparently incorrect, and I needlessly purchased the replacement MCB?
I sure hope so, but you will need to contact them and ask them.

Jake

ProFlo

Premium Member
Thank you! I have ordered the UI board but have not yet replaced it.

I just noticed a different strange behavior and wanted input about it before taking apart the door to do the replacement. I was running a cycle, and toward the end I heard the MCB click and the minute counter went from 3 up to 7. Then the cycle completed when it was back down to minute 5 (maybe just changing to 4), after which there were no lights on the UI… Clean was not illuminated. I still have the new MCB installed. Do all of these anomalies still only point to a bad UI board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Put the original machine control board back in and see if it does the same.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.