• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDF620HMJ2ES GE Dishwasher has power to door, beeps 3 times over and over but won’t run.

$am$innett

Model Number
GDF620HMJ2ES
Brand
GE
My dishwasher has power to the door but 2 weeks ago wasn’t filling with water but seemed to have ran through the cycle. I was at work and came back to hot dishes but soap wasn’t touched and nothing was wet. At that point we checked the water inlet valve and the overfill float and the filters. We figured out it was the overfill float and our hard water was making it stick. so cleaned that up and ran dishwasher. It worked great until yesterday. Went to run it and while the lights came on. But it wouldn’t run. Kept beeping 3 times and the led on start went from solid to blinking over and over. We checked all the water supply and valves/filter. Checked the float again and still nothing. Then I did the Press and hold "Select Cycle" and "Start" for Five seconds. The first 10 seconds on a door status check it kept blinking until the lock led was solid after.
So While the lock LED is illuminated I did the press and hold of the "Select Cycle" for five seconds. Pressed “Select Cycle" again to selects/increments test. Pressed “Start" where it blinked over and over 2 times. I did order a new float valve 2 weeks ago just in case it happened again, but unsure what else I need to do before I just need to give up and let somewhere else fix it. Thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your main control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24900

GE control 3.jpg

When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake