• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDF630PSM3SS GE Dishwasher Blank display, unplugging resets for one cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forko

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF630PSM3SS
Brand
GE
Hi, I have a GE GDF630PSM3SS that will run one cycle before the display goes blank and is unresponsive. It will work again for one cycle after unplugging it’s power for 10 minutes and plugging it back and sometimes I need to hold the start button and it will make a chirp and start working. I am thinking of starting with the control board as others have mentioned but wanted to verify the part number as the one recommended says it’s not compatible with my model. One more thing, when it is powered on and not running there is a rapidly flashing led on the control board. What are your thoughts and thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, your model does use the square machine control board: WD21X25732

So on the square machine control board the flashing light means that machine control board is working and the problem would possibly be the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
It has the same control board, I will turn it on until it dies and let you know what the LED is doing then. Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
Ok, it has finally died again after 2 cycles and several hours. The display is completely off and not responsive and the control board is still steadily flashing. Do you still feel like it’s the UI board? Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Forko

Premium Member
Thanks, I’ll let you know if it works! Hopefully I won’t need to replace it in another 1.5 years :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
I just replaced the ui board and it still has the same issue. The control board still has a steady flash. I did make sure the cable was connected at both ends too.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I posted the service manual above, did you read and do what it mentioned here:

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
I did all of the above before, unfortunately still the same situation. No display on the ui and no tones from the machine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check for 13.5 volts DC at the UI Board. It should be pin 2 and pin 5. pin 2 is the BLACK/GREEN WIRE. pin 5 is the YELLOW/BLUE wire.

Also double check all your wire connections when you installed the new UI Board.

If your wire connections are good, then its possibly a defective UI Board.

Because another member had the same issue and the new UI Board fixed it, start reading here:

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
Cool, I’ll test it Friday when I’m off. Do you want me to check the pins on the back of the ui board when plugged in right. I’ll also check the cable itself and report the results. Then again, they should have the same results right lol

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Forko

Premium Member
Another weird thing to add, I tested the outlet and it is fine. I ran an extension cord from another room and it powered on. I unplugged it and put it back in the original outlet and it works. Do you thing the control board is just acting up? This is with the original ui board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly yes.

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
I installed the control board, will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You replaced the machine control board underneath the dishwasher? Or the UI Board at the top of the dishwasher door?

How is it doing now?

Jake

Forko

Premium Member
Yes, I replaced the control board and the same issue occurred. I then was able to get it to turn on with the old ui board. I then decided to hot swap it with the new ui board and the speaker would click but no leds. I was able to swap the old ui board and it worked. I plugged in the new ui board and just a click again and no leds. I submitted an rma for the new ui board and am waiting for it to come in. Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.