• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDF640HSM0SS GE dishwasher unresponsive

Bfield

Model Number
GDF640HSM0SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE GDF640HSM0SS that is completely unresponsive. I’ve done some troubleshooting but I’m at my whits end at this point. A little ru. Through of what I’ve done so far. I’ve got good power coming in, main control board has a single green led flashing extremely fast which, from the manual I have, indicates the control board has power and is active.

I checked pins on the control board going to the UI board (can’t remember which ones exactly), but they had 13.5 volts which made me think the UI board was bad. Replaced the UI board and no change at all. I’ve tried holding the start and select cycle buttons for 5 seconds a million times through out the process and I get no response or change in led blinking. Anyone have any ideas as to what to try next? Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yours is the newer GE dishwasher style that is very vague in diagnostics compared to the slightly older models.

I have no clue what else to tell you to do except contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake

Robert4

Premium Member
I’m at my whits end at this point
Someone else said the exact same thing about a newer GE dishwasher. He called GE and it cost him $200 for a technician to "reset" the one of the control boards by plugging in a computer, which in your case is about 40% of the original cost of your dishwasher. The technician didn't tell him which control board.

Thanks to all the problems newer GE dishwasher have, it was pretty hard to find even though it was just from 3 weeks ago: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...to-the-top-keypad-controls.85592/#post-440159

Last edited: