• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDM 35 True Fridge won't cycle off

mendozer

Premium Member
I ordered another temp controller and somehow found it online. No idea how old the cabinet is bc the serial was scratched off. I wired it in today and plugged it in. It said to give it 12 hours to get settled. One thing I noticed...when I plugged the fridge back in, despite having the controller set to OFF, the fan came on. So the fan runs 24/7...which makes me think that the digital controller, which was turning the fridge off completely, stopped the fan from blowing cold air all the time downward, and probably also drawing frost off the evaporator coils, so maybe that's why it was freezing over? Only time will tell

mendozer

Premium Member
it's been a few weeks and its running fine. I even looked at the coils this past weekend and no ice. must have been the lack of circulation allowing frost to build up. The appliance place called me yesterday (appt was scheduled next monday) and I said oh hey I actually might have fixed it so nevermind and they reply "I actually called because we can't service it bc it's a commercial unit and we only do True residential". that information would have been good 6 weeks ago when i scheduled it. good thing i fixed it.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Sounds good. Keep an eye ion it but it sounds like the previous modification was the cause.

Thanks for the followup.

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.