• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT535PSM0SS GE DISHWASHER RAPID BLINKING LED

sarah.wright092

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT535PSM0SS
Brand
GE
GDT535PSM0SS DISHWASHER

We had to keep resetting the breaker to get the dishwasher to run a cycle and now it is completely dead.

We replaced the UI Board and main control board. After everything was replaced, there was a rapid blinking LED light on the main control board.

At a loss now. Everything we read said the UI Board would fix the problem, but no luck. Next guess would be to replace the wire harness, but would like to get a different opinion before we start throwing more parts at it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, on the square machine control board the flashing light means that machine control board is working and supplying DC power to the UI Board, since you have already replaced both boards, then I'd check the door wire harness.

Check for a loose connection in the electrical connector pins, one or two maybe not making good contact where it plugs into either of the two boards.

Here's the door wire harness for your model: WD21X10545

If the door wire harness is good, then it has to be a faulty UI Board.

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Jake

sarah.wright092

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, that is the UI Board I previously ordered.

Is there any configuring that goes along with it? I installed it, but getting no power. I reinstalled the old one and the lights come on, but it beeps three times and won't run a cycle. After a few hours, it turns off again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is there any configuring that goes along with it?
This a newer style I have no come across yet on my service calls, if it has personally jumpers like the older UI Boards it will come with instructions on how to set them.

Other than that, you will need to contact GE to come out at 1-800-432-2737

GE Technicians use laptop diagnostics to diagnose this usual problem, it plugs into the control board ethernet to get to the root of the problem.

Jake

Criss

Premium Member
Hi Sarah,

I think I have the same or similar issue (the main board blinks ok but the UI board doesn’t work), in fact, today I created a new post hoping someone has any idea.

This is what I did so far but no success:
- The Main Control Board has the LED blinking ok (continuously blinking all the time - I think that means the main control board is waiting for a command).
- In the Main Control Board (connector J722), I checked the voltage in the Pin 2 and 5 and I measured 13.5volts approx. That is the value that you should expect from the Main control board.
- I tried to replace the UI panel (top panel) but a few days later (maybe 2 weeks) it stop working again.
- I installed back the original UI panel and also worked for a few days and it did stop again.
- I checked the harness and it seems to be ok but I replace it just in case.
- I tested the door switch and it is ok.
- I tried to replace the Main Control board but it gets the same issue (works for a while and then stops - No lights in the UI panel).

Today, I decided to return the UI board and replace it for another one.
I hope someone can help us on this issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

This is all it says on page 48:

Screenshot 2022-06-03 20.03.21.png

Did you attempt to Consumer Error Mode when the UI(user interface) is not lighting up?

Jake

Criss

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I tried to press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds but nothing happens (No LEDs light up on UI board).
The only thing I see is the Main Board blinking (video attached) all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.MOV
    26.2 MB
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then it has to be a bad UI Board, that's all it can be now.

Contact the place you got the UI Board from and tell them its bad, per your tests, and they should be able to send another one for free.

Jake

sarah.wright092

Premium Member
Criss,

I also thought I received a bad UI board so I sent it back and got another one for free. The replacement I received does the same exact thing. I hear a very faint "chirp", but no lights or anything came on. Pretty frustrating. The old UI board still works (for about 12 hours) and then it stops again. We checked the ground wires, checked the harness, everything we could think of...but it all leads back to the UI board.

Criss

Premium Member
Wow! You just described exactly the same symptom of the UI board that I bought for replacement (I hear a very faint "chirp", but no lights or anything came on.)
What part number did you buy? The one that I bought is WD21X25725 from ApplicancePartsPros.com.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its hard to believe the UI Boards are ALL coming bad, something else is going on.

Its best to contact GE to come out at 1-800-432-2737

GE Technicians use laptop diagnostics to diagnose this usual problem, it plugs into the control board ethernet to get to the root of the problem.

Jake

Criss

Premium Member
Today I received the replacement part for the UI board and guess what…The dishwasher is still dead. I gave up and I will call the GE technician. I will let you know guys what they will do to fix it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I gave up and I will call the GE technician. I will let you know guys what they will do to fix it.
Yes, please do, I'm very curious myself why this is happening.

Thanks!

Jake

Criss

Premium Member
I called them this morning and they have their schedule very busy. They will come here by June 22nd. I will give you more updates in that week.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, thanks!

Jake

Criss

Premium Member
Hi guys!
Unfortunately, I have bad news. The technician (not from GE Factory Service) came to my home today and I explained to him what I already have done and he was also agree with everything I have done so far to troubleshoot this issue. Before I continue, I just want to explain the reason I requested another company to come to my home was because GE Factory Service is not available in my area. After the technician checked everything he could, he also suggested to contact GE factory service because they have the special tools to run the diagnostics. So, now my last shot was send a complain to them and see how it goes. If I do not have a solution in a few days I just will buy a new dishwasher. This is so frustrating.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, contact GE appliances Corporate offices and tell them they need to send a GE tech with that diagnostics machine.

Jake

Criss

Premium Member
Hi guys,

Just my last update on this subject.
I ended up buying a new dishwasher after I try everything I could by myself and GE. The “good news” GE customer support offered me a brand new dishwasher for half of price in the market after I sent them my claim and I got the PROFILE PDT785SYNFS (This model will be my last shot with GE and I hope it last more than 3 years this time).

I hope you can find the final solution.
Good luck!

Thank you.