• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT535PSM0SS GE DISHWASHER RAPID BLINKING LED

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, thanks for the update!

Jake

Cdm appliance

Just curious...when you guys are changinging the UI boards, did you set the "jumpers" on the new boards or change the door switch? Both are common to this problem as the jumpers have to be set according to you model number.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Not ALL new UI Boards come with personality jumpers, if the UI Board you order comes with jumpers, instructions will come with it to set the jumpers.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jeff, did you first try a HARD RESET? Meaning turn the breaker OFF to the dishwasher for 5 minutes, then back ON again? If so, and your getting 14.4 volts at the UI Board and its not coming on, then that UI Board is defective.

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Jake

B_Clift

Premium Member
I will jump on this as I appear to be having the same issue. Model GDT535PSM0SS I can get the dishwasher to power on occasionally using the breaker. Sometimes it takes a few min and sometimes a few days. It will run a full cycle when I can get it to turn on. Rapid blinking light on the control board w/no pause. I checked the voltage at the top of the washer where the door latch is and it’s reading 28v on the two outside pins of the 3 pin harness. I have not replaced any parts yet.

Attachments

• 79A6EA58-F2AD-4DE9-9479-6C9FCDFA815C.png
    79A6EA58-F2AD-4DE9-9479-6C9FCDFA815C.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5702.MOV
    5.5 MB

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look at my post here:

Did you attempt to get into the Consumer Error Mode when the UI(user interface) is not lighting up?

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Jake

B_Clift

Premium Member
I did try and get into the CEM. Nothing lit up. I have seen both the UI and Control Board replaced and I haven’t seen any solutions to this. Was it determined to be a factory defect replacement?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The other members have not come back to say either way.

Its best to contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to have GE come out and see what's going on, Authorized GE techs have a diagnostics tool that plugs into the machine control to get to the root cause.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So the UI Board lighted up and is now working properly?

Jake

B_Clift

Premium Member
It is. But usually once I get it to power on it will run a load then loose power over night. Then it’s breaker on and off to try and get it to come back on. Sometimes it takes a few try’s other a few days. I’m gonna start with the board I think. I’ll keep it updated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes that's what I would do, is replace the machine control board underneath the dishwasher.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

Here's another thread about this issue, and the new machine control board fixed it:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.