• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT545PGJ2BB GE dishwasher orange light on the front continuously blinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixit2248

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PGJ2BB
Brand
GE
Hit the start button and the orange light on the front continuously blinks, and beeps is constant

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check the machine control board STATUS LED first(its located underneath the front on the dishwasher). Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

Here's the machine control board(under the dishwasher) for your model: WD21X24900C

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, If the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF on the machine control board, that is the culprit. You can order the machine control board I posted in post #2 above and that should fix it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It will flash 1x per 3 seconds--->Dishwasher is not running a cycle, select a cycle and press Start.

Jake

mrfixit2248

Premium Member
I replaced the old with the new control board. I know I have power, as it shares a receptacle with the garbage disposer, which runs with the breaker on.

I made sure all connectors are latched and secure.

I get nothing. No status light on the board. No lights on the User Interface. Now what??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You must be getting power to it or that orange light would not be flashing.

Lets double check for 120 volts coming into the machine control board.

You will need to take the voltage reading from the 120 VAC SUPPLY electrical connector, just remove the 120 VAC SUPPLY electrical connector and put your meter probes in it, and your meter should read 120 Volts.

If your meter reads 120 volts, and the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, then your machine control board you ordered is defective. Make sure all your connectors to the machine control board are in place too.

See it on the right side of this photo below? Coming off the two yellow wire nuts, I circled it in red.:)
J722red.jpeg

Jake

mrfixit2248

Premium Member
I checked the 120V supply connector. I have 122V on the pins of that connector. I made sure all connectors on the board were fully seated and latched.

Status LED remains Steady Off, and no lights on UI. I guess I'll have to return this board and get another one.

mrfixit2248

Premium Member
Why is it the Parts People don't know Jake from Adam??? The woman in customer service says no Jake works for them or with them. After much argument, she finally agreed to replace the board. She said I needed the UI part. Regardless, I'm getting a new control board shipped out next week. I am out of town ontil 5/23, so I won't be able to check the new one out until then.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm getting a new control board shipped out next week.
Excellent, that has to be the problem, the new one she sends out should fix it.

Jake

mrfixit2248

Premium Member
After 23 days of being gone, I'm back at it. I installed the new board that parts sent me. The service LED on the board lights and remains steady on. No other lights on the UIB are on. I tried holding the cycle button on and down for at least 5 seconds, nothing. I tried holding the start button on for five seconds, nothing. I tried holding both the cycle and the start button down for at least five seconds, nothing. The result is the same whether the door is open or closed. Now what?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check for a loose connection in the electrical connector pins, one or two maybe not making good contact where it plugs into either of the two boards.

Here's the door wire harness for your model: WD21X10545

If the door wire harness is good, then it has to be a faulty UI Board.

To verify that: Let's check voltage to the UI Board.

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 VDC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the user interface(UI) board for your model:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

That J722 connector is on the other side of the control board, look here:

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

mrfixit2248

Premium Member
Sorry, but this potentially represents too many dollars to fix vs replace. The decision has been made to replace this with a new dishwasher.

I guess we can close out this thread.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.