• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT545PSJ0SS GE Dishwasher not draining

mi5key

Model Number
GDT545PSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Hello, my GE dishwasher has stopped draining. I've had it out, disconnected the drain line at the pump and it pushes water through hose if I blow through. Empties into disposal fine. If I start a cycle, let it run and then cancel the cycle I do not hear the pump running to push out the water. Days prior I did hear noise that is out of the ordinary, like a slight grinding, or mechanical interference during the cycle. I'm suspecting it's the drain pump got something caught in there and has seized or burnt out.

Is there any way to test this pump to see? I put a multimeter on the connection and it registered resistance. If I put 12 volts on it, would it operate? I've read that it is a 13.5 volt signal but not sure if I can find anything on hand that exact.

Could the float switch be involved here? Does the float switch have to register 'water in the receptacle, keep pump on' for the pump to operate? I'm considering ordering both parts just in case.

IMG_5216.jpg Image appears correct on my laptop/phone, not sure why it's upside down here, apologies.

Repair Clinic has this listed as my drain pump and float switch,

GE Dishwasher Drain Pump WD35X20553

GE Dishwasher Float Switch WD21X10519

Thanks.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Repair Clinic has this listed as my drain pump and float switch
Drain pump and flood switch.

I believe the pump is 120 volts...power to it when the drain pump should be running but is not = new drain pump time.

Drain-Pump-WD35X20553-04628160.jpg Drain pump kit

Float-Switch-WD21X10519-01797098.jpg Flood switch

I see no harm is doing both.

jeff.