FIXED GDT545PSJ2SS GE dishwasher The UI panel lights goes out

Jim987

Model Number
GDT545PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I'll add my full scenario in case someone notices something different about it. My model is GDT545PSJ2SS. The UI panel lights goes out approximately every 13 days. holding 'cycle select + start' for more than 5 seconds does NOT turn the light back on (Service mode does not come on). Powering off the Dishwasher (breaker panel) works sometimes (may take many tries of leaving it off for more than 1 hr). The last time it happened, before doing anything to fix, I looked at the Control Board and the light was blinking constantly. After I did a Breaker power off, the control board light went to solid Green and still no lights on UI. After multiple tries of cutting the power, the UI came back on. The CB light is now flashing once every 3 seconds. Since it would not go into Service Mode, it must not be the CSM breaker (right?). Must be the UI control board. Anyone agree or think differently?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jim,

I'm going to move you to your own thread.:)

Check for 13.5 Volts DC at the user interface board.

For all models except GDF510J, the UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/black. If 13.5 VDC is not found here, then replace the main control board: WD21X24798

Look on Page 44 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jim987

Yes, when I checked it the other day when he UI was not displaying it had 13.5 (came up as 14 on my reader) between pin 2 and 5 as you asked me to check. A couple other pin combinations had power as well (1 and 4, 1 and 5, 2 and 4, 2 and 5), but I expect that's not important for now. Thanks for the tech sheet on my dishwasher. Does that mean it's the UI board? Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then that indicates your getting proper power to it, so its bad.

Here's the user interface(UI) for this model you can order:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jim987

Thanks very much for your help Jake, Yes I'll post results, but it may take several weeks as the issue is so random.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jim, sounds good.:)

Jake

Jim987

Replaced the UI board on 6/13. I've had no issue, so hoping 2 weeks is enough time. I'll update again if the problem happens again, but for now I say it is fixed. Thanks Jake for your help. I really appreciate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jim, sounds good, thanks for the update!

Jake