• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT580SMF7ES GE Dishwasher - 1 second status LED on main board, then off. Sporadically no ui leds.

LarstheNorse

Model Number
GDT580SMF7ES
Brand
GE
Sometimes my dishwasher seems dead (zero led, no csm reset response at all), after leaving power off, swearing, flipping breakers, etc, it comes back to life randomly. It might take one try or 30, but we seem to have luck power cycling like that. Sometimes it runs for two weeks with no issues. Other times it dies once or twice a week.

When having the issue, if I turn on power to the unit, my main control board status led light turns green for one second, then it stays off. So, I replaced the main board, hoping. That wasn’t it. Literally behaves exactly the same way from the first time I installed it (new, not refurbished).

Could be two bad boards, but seems suspect. Is there anything that would be reset by flipping off a breaker and leaving it off overnight that would cause it to start working again? Or maybe that’s just coincidence. Anything with the one second status then off? Thank you for any help or suggestions!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Here's your service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fefp5_Ibg86DtJhjwzL5kPqGBSicyP1v/view?usp=sharing On page 26 what is the blinking pattern on the machine control board underneath the dishwasher?

I'd first make sure your getting a CONSTANT 120 volts to the machine control board and the wire nuts are tight.

You can get a multimeter and set it on AC Volts and take a reading where the main power comes into the board. If you already did that, then wiggle the wire nuts and see if the meter stays STEADY at 120 Volts AC.

See it on the right side of this photo below? Coming off the two yellow wire nuts, I circled it in red.:)

J722red.jpeg

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.