• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT590SMJ7ES GE Slate dishwasher not draining

Lambeau40

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT590SMJ7ES
Brand
GE
I have had this dishwasher for 5 years and it just started giving me fits for a month and a half now. I opened it one day to see water in the bottom. I started it again and canceled right away because I know that makes the pump run. It didn't sound like there was much water going down the drain. I took the hose off the sink drain and stuck it in a bucket. When I kicked the pump in again there was barely any water coming out (bypassing the air gap). After about the 4th time kicking the pump in it started to pump water at a much higher amount (what I would classify as normal). I put everything back together and ran some dishes and it worked great!

Next day, same issue. Ordered a new pump and installed it. Same issue. Removed the drain hose and cleaned it, even though there was nothing in it. Once again after kicking in the pump manually a few times the new pump started to work. Ran a load overnight to wakeup to water on the floor:mad:! Called my local appliance repair place and they said it needs a flood sensor. Replaced that and voila!!! Worked great again....for about 20 cycles. Now we're back to the same old crap. Have also replaced the main circuit board. Any ideas???

Lambeau40

Premium Member
Got it to work again...the only thing I did was take the drain hose down from the high loop on the side of the machine and tried to get all the water out. Then I dumped some clean water into the machine and ran the drain again...works like a charm. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You may have had a air lock in the drain hose preventing it from draining properly. Lets see how it continues to do now that you flushed all the water out of the drain hose.

Here's the flood switch for this model in case others need it too:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

Jake

Lambeau40

Premium Member
Will the pump air lock? Seems strange, especially since there's water in the tub.

Attachments

• 20210106_175952.mp4
    26.3 MB · Views: 0

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, drain hose with the airlock.

Jake

Lambeau40

Premium Member
Well, it's back at it again. This time the water is surging into the drain. I have not done anything to the dishwasher since the last post. Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I don't know the cause of this problem, never heard that sound before.

Contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to get a tech to come out, they will need to contact the GE factory from your house to see what's going on.

Jake