• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT605PSM0SS GE Dishwasher Leaking at the bottom

mpickell

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT605PSM0SS
Brand
GE
I think this is similar to these, but the models were different so i wanted to make sure...
Attached is a video, and then pics of the thing i found to be dripping (a ton...). I noticed the issue when my kids said the basement ceiling was leaking :oops:. (luckily over a drain)
  • In the video, i saw the leak and then had my daughter cancel the cycle to start the drain, and you can see the drip stop.
  • 2 pics showing where the leak was (red circles) when i flipped it on its side.
  • 1 pic with a red circle around PN 265D2790 and purple circle around PN 265D2964 (I think they are part numbers.. the leak is not here, but i saw these numbers on the piece next to the leak)
Thanks!
IMG_7120.jpgIMG_7117.jpgIMG_7116.jpg

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually its the diverter assembly that leaks on these models. From your video and photos, that's exactly where its coming from.

Here's the diverter assembly for your model:
WD19X25278 Diverter Asm Kit

Here's two members that had that same leak:

Jake

mpickell

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! that is exactly the right thing.

Two things noted.
  1. Be careful tightening the replacement metal braces over the rubber. I tore right through one :( and had to replace the part again.
  2. I couldn't find an exact video on replacing it, but found one that was close (
    ) except on mine i needed to first go inside the dishwasher, remove the racks, remove the sprayer at the bottom, and detach (unclip) the diverter arm going to the top rack. Then i could flip it over and replace the diverter assembly

thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new diverter assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update and the added information per your model!

Jake

drewb0y

Premium Member
Why did they design these like this? Ours has a leak at the top side of the rubber hose due to heat, vibration etc. It should have been just a replaceable rubber hose instead of a hermetically sealed rubber piece that requires the whole part to be replaced. I guess at least it was on the diverter side and not the pump side. Grrrrr.

Here's a pic of mine where the hose was deteriorated - on the top side not the floor side. From the date code on ours RF it was manufactured in Aug 2015. Is it normal to need this replaced at this age?

Attachments

• 20220925_164644.jpg
    20220925_164644.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 19

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Why did they design these like this?
That's a good question, but I don't know why unfortunately.

Here's a pic of mine where the hose was deteriorated - on the top side not the floor side. From the date code on ours RF it was manufactured in Aug 2015. Is it normal to need this replaced at this age?
Not normally unless you live in a area where your water is very hard.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.