• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT630PFM0DS GE Dishwasher stops mid cycle/no power

Stratus

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT630PFM0DS
Brand
GE
Hello everyone, I have a GE Dishwasher GDT630PFM0DS that will randomly stop mid cycle and sometimes not come back alive until I flip the breaker or unplug and replug in the dishwasher it self.

The dishwasher doesn't have any water in the bottom of it when this happens and the last time it did this, I flipped the breaker and it came back on and showed the remaining time in the cycle it stopped in.

It seems to function fine in between as it will wake up fine and all the buttons work. From looking online it seems to be the main control board (WD21X25732), but I am unsure of way to confirm this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It could be tripping the CSM. Yes, WD21X25732 is the machine control board for your model, located underneath the front of your dishwasher.

Get into Consumer Error Mode and let us know what happens. Let it run through the Door Check, then let us know if you get any error code per the LED's listed on the chart below.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 13.09.27.png

Stratus

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jake!

I did the consumer error mode check and the door detection worked fine and the only light that came on was the lock LED. So I am assuming that it seems the CSM is being tripped?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are correct.

Look for your tech. data sheet underneath the dishwasher and it will say what to check for CSM trips, usually its a bad heating element that trips the CSM, or a water leak underneath the dishwasher.

Here's the heating element for your model, if needed:

Jake

Stratus

Premium Member
Thanks for the insight Jake! I checked to make sure there was no water on the machine and it was all clear, so I ordered another heating element and it should be here in a couple of days. I will report back then!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes let us know how it goes.:)

Make sure you disconnect power to your dishwasher first before replacing it.

Jake

Stratus

Premium Member
Hey Jake, got the part in and installed. I ran a cycle and it played the finishing jingle, but I notice there was no green light on the front of the door showing it’s done. This was something I had noticed before, but figured the washer wasn’t finishing.

I did open the door and it was still on, could there be something else wrong with it?

Stratus

Premium Member
While the dishwasher is unresponsive, I dropped the main board and it has a really fast blinking green which. From what I have seen, mean the board is getting power and running.

Could it be the UI board that has gone bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I did open the door and it was still on, could there be something else wrong with it?
What was still on? Did the new heating element fix the CSM trip?

While the dishwasher is unresponsive, I dropped the main board and it has a really fast blinking green which. From what I have seen, mean the board is getting power and running.

Could it be the UI board that has gone bad?
Yes, that is correct.

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Jake

Stratus

Premium Member
What was still on? Did the new heating element fix the CSM trip?

When I opened the door after the chime, the top buttons still illuminated and worked even though no green light was given on the front of the door.

Yes, that is correct.

Here's the UI Board for your model:
Thanks! If I wanted to check to make sure power was being sent to the UI board, is it pins 2 and 5 to check for voltage on the connector from the main board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did the new heating element fix the CSM trip?

I wanted to check to make sure power was being sent to the UI board, is it pins 2 and 5 to check for voltage on the connector from the main board?
I don't have the service manual for tech data sheet for this model, so I don't if its pins 2 and 5 on the newer square machine control board that sends power to the UI Board.

Look for your tech. data sheet underneath the dishwasher on the left or right side leg frames.

Jake

Stratus

Premium Member
I checked pin 2 and 5 (they are the same colors as the older board) and they seem to be providing power. I got 13.27V going through. I thought I saw somewhere it should be 13.5V, is that still okay?

If so, then I believe it is the UI board.

Thank you for your help again Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I checked pin 2 and 5 (they are the same colors as the older board) and they seem to be providing power. I got 13.27V going through. I thought I saw somewhere it should be 13.5V, is that still okay?
That I don't know for sure because the tech data sheet does not mention that for sure like on previous models.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Stratus

Premium Member
I'm starting to think the CSM may not have tripping and the UI board has been faulty as I didn't check the light status on the board until after replacing the heating element.

Would a faulty UI board cause it to stop mid cycle? I didn't think it was on as the button didn't work, but that seems to line up with the UI board not functioning correctly. So I am leaning towards just ordering a UI board.

Thanks again Jake for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Would a faulty UI board cause it to stop mid cycle?
Yes it could.

But I'd order both the machine control board and UI Board at the same time, as both of these boards have been a problem for GE for some time now.

Jake

Stratus

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, will do. Seems the UI board will take little time to come in, but I will report back after replacing both.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

Stratus

Premium Member
Well after 2 months I finally received the UI board. I replaced the main board and the UI board, but it looks like the UI board I was sent is faulty.

I checked continuity on the wire harness in the door and everything checked out and when I plug it in you can hear the speaker kinda ‘pop’ (the original one didn’t do this) and if I press the buttons right when it comes on I can get to chime, but it won’t display anything.

I’m going to reach out the AppliancePartsPros customer service tomorrow to hopefully get another one sent out asap.

On a side not, this thread here reads exactly like my issue, even including the faulty ‘new’ UI board:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well after 2 months I finally received the UI board. I replaced the main board and the UI board, but it looks like the UI board I was sent is faulty.
Sorry to hear that, did AppliancePartsPros send another new UI Board out to you today?

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.