• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT630PFM0DS GE Dishwasher stops mid cycle/no power

Stratus

Premium Member
Sorry to hear that, did AppliancePartsPros send another new UI Board out to you today?
Yep! Gave them a call and they made sure I checked some thing before they placed another order for me. I went ahead and got a door wiring harness since it’s cheap and to 100% rule it out. Hopefully the UI board doesn’t take as long as it it did the first time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Stratus

Premium Member
Received the replacement UI board. It does the same thing as the original replacement and I changed out the door wiring harness too. The UI board had the same manufacturing date, so who knows if the batch was bad. Looks like I’m gonna cave and call someone.

Stratus

Premium Member
Hey Jake, are there any other fuses that maybe causing this? Or would a bad door latch cause this?

Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
are there any other fuses that maybe causing this? Or would a bad door latch cause this?
Nope, if your getting proper voltage to the UI Board it should be lighting up and working.

Not sure what to do at this point.
This is a very odd problem, not sure what else to suggest except to contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to have a GE tech. come out to see what's going on.

Stratus

Premium Member
So, I’m back. Talked to Appliance Part Pros and the voltage from the main board seemed low on the replacement. They sent me another after about a month of waiting and I installed it, but still nothing with either ‘new’ UI board I received, so I tried the original UI board and the dishwasher started working. I did try this original UI board with both of the other main boards and it did not work.

I had a local appliance repair guy say that if the UI board isn’t configured correctly (mine has no dip switches, as they are ‘preconfigured’) then they won’t do anything. Both board are part number:
WD21X31904. Could they both be bad? I’m running a test cycle no with the 2nd main board replacement and it seems to be working for now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Could they both be bad?
That I don't know. That's what's weird. I've replaced many UI Boards and they are worked great. But this particular UI Board I have not replaced as of yet. So, I'm puzzled as well.

Stratus

Premium Member
UPDATE: It ran a cycle without issue, then it turned off in the middle of another.

One thing I just noticed is the part number AppliancePros has for the UI board is ‘WD21X31905’ while when I scan the QR code in the dishwasher and look up the part via GE’s site it shows ‘WD21X31904’. Could this be why the ‘WD21X31904’ does not work and I need the ‘WD21X31905’ part?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, GE's site shows WD21X31904 Its #718 here: https://www.geapplianceparts.com/st...T630PFM0DS/1/0/0/0/ESCUTCHEON_&_DOOR_ASSEMBLY

This is the official OEM UI Board for your model:
I posted the correct UI Board for your model in post #9 here:
Did you not see that?

Stratus

Premium Member
Hey Jake, thanks for the reply.

I have two WD21X31904 UI boards that do not work. I was thinking that it is not the correct board for the dishwasher which is they don't do anything when I plug them in, but the original one did again.

Which is why I was thinking that the WD21X31905 is the actual correct one. I was trying to find the UI board with the dip switches on it with no luck, do you happen to know it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Which is why I was thinking that the WD21X31905 is the actual correct one. I was trying to find the UI board with the dip switches on it with no luck, do you happen to know it?
Nope, sure don't.

Contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to have a GE tech. come out to see what's going on, BECAUSE I have no clue why yours is not working, I've installed many of these boards and they worked for me.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.