• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT635HSJ2SS GE Dishwasher -Does Not Start - Lights Blink - Code 815.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDMills

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT635HSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I have a similar problem with my GE GDT635 Series Dishwasher as others have reported. The machine does not start....lights blink and I get code 815 when I press start and cycle. In reading the other threads, I dropped the lower panel to view the UI control board. I do not see any lights either before or after pressing the start button on the control board. Nothing blinks, nothing lights up. The electrical connections to the board are in place. Do I need to order a new control board? Thanks for your help. Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean you don't see the STATUS LED STEADY ON or blinking?

D-GE control board status led.jpg

If its STEADY OFF and you have 120 volts going to the machine control board underneath the dishwasher, then machine control board is bad. The UI Board is the board at the top of the dishwasher door where you press the buttons.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24900

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

CDMills

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. How do I check if I have 120 volts going to the machine control board? I see where it coms in at the bottom right and the connector has 3 pins. I need to go pick up a multi-meter. I just check the voltage across the pins?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, get a multimeter and remove the electrical connector where it says 120 VAC SUPPLY in the photo of the board I posted above and see if your meter says 120 volts AC.

Most hardware stores sell inexpensive multimeters.

This is the one I use:
Digital Multimeter
Digital-Multimeter-DM10T-01128790.jpg

This is how to use a multimeter:

Jake

CDMills

Premium Member
Jake, thanks. Picked up a meter at Home Depot, watched the video and I do have 120 volts at the board so I will order a new board. Will let you know how it goes. Regards
Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Chris, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

CDMills

Premium Member
Merry Christmas Jake. Received and installed the new main control board and the dishwasher works. Thanks. When I was initially troubleshooting, I popped off the console cover graphics assembly (number 719) and in doing so broke a couple of the tabs. I ordered a new piece but am not having any luck trying to install from the top. Do I need to disassemble the door to install the cover?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Merry Christmas!

Excellent, glad to hear the new main control board fixed it.(y)

When I was initially troubleshooting, I popped off the console cover graphics assembly (number 719) and in doing so broke a couple of the tabs. I ordered a new piece but am not having any luck trying to install from the top. Do I need to disassemble the door to install the cover?
#719 here:

Yes, you need to disassemble the door to install it.

Do you have the instructions to disassemble the door? the instructions are in your tech. data sheet which is located underneath the dishwasher in the left side bottom frame.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.