• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT635HSJ2SS GE Dishwasher not starting, Start Cycle light blinking and beep 3 times ever minute or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgjert

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT635HSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Hi All,
I have a GE GDT635HSJ2SS, that will not start. When I start the cycle the it wait 3 seconds and beep 3 times and the start cycle light blinks green and the status light on the front blinks orange.
I held the start cycle and select cycle down for 5 seconds and get an 815 code and all the control board lights blink with the door closed, after about 5 seconds all the lights go dark except the door lock light.

After that while still in that mode i pressed the Cycle select button until it beeps and than the normal wash light and the front wash indicator light blink. So i thought those test would indicate that the door latch switch/sensor was bad. I was feeling well so i had a repair tech come to repair it. He said that the problem is a Start Module DL. I cant find that description on any parts list. Is it the door latch or the control board or something else?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There isn't anything called a Start Module DL on any of these newer style GE dishwashers, there was a Control Module on the old GE dishwashers, maybe he's thinking that.

I always first check the machine control board STATUS LED and see how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY OFF or STEADY ON.

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have to remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24900

Here's the video that show you how to remove the cover to access the Service LED on it:

When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in. If the LED is OFF, check to make sure you have 120 volts coming to it from where it says 120 VAC SUPPLY.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then the problem is the machine control board.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24900

Jake

kgjert

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Thank you for your help, I ordered the control board and installed it and i was back in action.
The install is very easy took less than half an hour. I waited a bit to reply to make sure the repair took. Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @kgjert glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.