• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT635HSJ2SS GE Dishwasher - not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

makingwake

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT635HSJ2SS
Brand
GE
select cycle and start = all lights blinking number 815 on led screen. If i do nothing all lights stop blinking and lock controls amber light is on. if i select start - lights come on like normal and i shut the door. about 3 seconds later i hear 2 beeps repeated 3 times and the front light on the dishwasher door repeatedly blinks. the beeps repeat about every 30-45 seconds. fyi - i replaced the door latch/sensor, no joy. I also rinsed the drain screen, tapped the

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your main control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24900

GE control 2 (1).jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

makingwake

Premium Member
ok... found the control board. LED is solid GREEN after being plugged in. Light remains solid green after i select the START button, close the door and hear the double beep repeated 3 times. LED stays green on control board

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, STATUS LED Steady ON: UI personality not set, communications lost between UI(User Interface) and MC(Machine Control Board).

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then replace the UI Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Let us know what you find.

Jake

makingwake

Premium Member
still replace UI Board? making sure we are on the same page. UI is the user interface board used to select setting and eventually start wash cycle?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the STATUS LED still STEADY ON? You have the door wire harness connected to the control board too? If so and the STATUS LED is STEADY ON and you have 14 Volts DC, then yes, you will need to replace the UI Board.

--->Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

It's a bit of a job to get access to it, watch this video below, it shows you the general idea of how to access/replace the UI board:
It will come with instructions to set the UI personality jumpers per your model number.

Jake

makingwake

Premium Member
i took the readings through the cables using sharp meter probes. LED is still solid green. I ordered the replacement board

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then yes the new UI Board should fix it then.

Remember to set the UI personality jumpers per your model number in the instruction sheet it comes with.:)

Jake

makingwake

Premium Member
update, replaced board and now i have GREEN LED under the bottom, and no power to the UI board. the only thing that might be causing the issue is the jumper setting. The old board didnt have any jumpers or pins. the new board came with pins and jumpers for each one. I removed all jumpers seeing that the original board didnt have any

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The new UI Board has jumpers and they have to be set, did you get the instruction sheet that came with it?

Jake

makingwake

Premium Member
took the door apart and used the jumpers. i think its fixed. Running a cycle now. Can you send me a link to the plastic TOP DISPLAY piece? I think i accidentally broke it. I remember the buttons would get stuck all the time. the plastic board came off and i think i popped some of the plastic retaining pieces.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job, glad you get the jumpers set in your new UI Board and its working good now. (y)

Yes, that plastic buttons part just unsnaps off and its easy to break if your not careful.

This is it for your model you can order:

You may need #719 here as well:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, Glad to hear your back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.