• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT635HSM0SS GE DISHWASHER RAPID BLINKING LED

Jeff77

Premium Member
Hello,

I seem to be having a similar problem with my GE dishwasher (GDT635HSM0SS). The service LED on the main board is blinking rapidly and the UI is dead. I have confirmed 120v input voltage and the 14.4v out of the main board to the UI board. I have also confirmed continuity on all wires in the harness to the UI board. I have replaced both the main board and the UI board but this hasn't resolved it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff77

Premium Member
Closing the loop on this. Yes I tried a hard reset multiple times. I replaced both the main board and the UI board but neither of those fixed the problem so I reverted back to the original parts. The problem was ultimately solved by having the GE repair technician us a laptop to reset the software in the UI board on the dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The problem was ultimately solved by having the GE repair technician us a laptop to reset the software in the UI board on the dishwasher.
Bingo! Someone else had mentioned that too, good job.(y)

Jake

mshaun

Closing the loop on this. Yes I tried a hard reset multiple times. I replaced both the main board and the UI board but neither of those fixed the problem so I reverted back to the original parts. The problem was ultimately solved by having the GE repair technician us a laptop to reset the software in the UI board on the dishwasher.
If you don't mind me asking how did you get a hold of GE repair technician? I have GE dishwasher GDT635HSJ2SS so far replaced UI board, I get blinking green LED on main board but nothing seems to work. I get boost light and button click sound.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to have GE come out, Authorized GE techs have a diagnostics tool that plugs into the machine control to update the software.

To bad you have to spend over $100 just to have a GE tech come out and do that, On Whirlpool and Maytag home appliances they have FREE over the air software updates through their APP.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.