• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT655SMJ2ES GE Dishwasher no lights

Powers_s

Model Number
GDT655SMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Been having some trouble with this dishwasher. First the dishwasher would beep randomly like someone opened the door. Then 8t would shut off with no lights on the ui panel. I was able to reset it at the breaker and it would work for a while again. Then the breaker trick didnt work anymore.

I did some research and ordered a replacement control board. Installed and dishwasher worked great for a week. Now its dead again, and to troubleshoot i detached the control board so i could see what the service led would tell me. However, the led doesnt even light up. Any suggestions as to what my issue may be would be greatly appreciated.....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Whenever it does random beeps when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is around it, its always the UI Board that is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the instructions to replace the UI Board below. Disconnect power to the dishwasher before you begin.

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake