• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT655SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher has intermittent solid green led during wash cycle

royalsparrow

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
My GE dishwasher model GDT655SSJ0SS has an intermittent solid green led on the main control board during a wash cycle. The board goes from 3x blinks per 3 seconds, to solid green and the light on the turbidity sensor goes off. After a few seconds it clicks a couple times, the turbidity sensor lights up, the led flashes 3x again, and the cycle continues. After a short time it does it all again. Is it more likely to be the board or the sensor that is bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
3x per 3 seconds means the dishwasher is running the cycle. I don't understand? What is wrong with the dishwasher?

Don't worry about the lights unless you have a problem with the dishwasher.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After a few seconds it clicks a couple times, the turbidity sensor lights up, the led flashes 3x again, and the cycle continues.
Its doing its normal sensing.:)

Jake

royalsparrow

Premium Member
Ok, I thought the 3x flashes would go the entire time. But when it stops, clicks, and turns the sensor light off/on, that is all normal?

The problem is that it doesn't sound the same as in the past 5 years (more stopping and clicking than in the past). Also, it's had two cycles in the past two days where it didn't clear the detergent pod entirely from the dispenser. One time most of the pod was still there. I know this can happen if you put dishes in front of it, but we didn't have any blocking it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's normal.

Did you recently change detergent pods?

I always recommend Cascade detergent pods.

Also make sure the water is very hot coming into the dishwasher. Normal would be between 120 to 130 degrees.

Jake

royalsparrow

Premium Member
Did not change pods, so probably not that. I will put it in test mode and fill water then check temp to see what it is.

royalsparrow

Premium Member
I haven't checked the water temp yet. However, the cycle I had running just ended and it did not turn on the clean indicator led, nor did it give the usual chime for end of cycle. Same thing happened last night and had happened often recently (I had forgotten about that).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Now that the cycle ended check the STATUS LED on the machine control board again and tell us what its doing.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok 1x per 3 seconds is--->Unit is not running a cycle. Select a cycle and press Start.

Now lets check for a turbidity sensor error.
Screenshot 2021-09-05 18.00.48.png

royalsparrow

Premium Member
I started a cycle, was I supposed to check for turbidity error during the cycle? Only way I could get into error mode was to cancel cycle. There were no errors showing. Then I ran a complete cycle and checked but still no errors showing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If no LED above illuminated then you have no error codes.

So, I'm not quite sure what's going on with your dishwasher, it seems to be a intermittent problem, and intermittent problems are the hardest to nail down.

And I'd hate to start seeing you replace parts on a guess, so you may want to contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. Let us know what they find.

Jake