• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT655SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher Not working

Victor51

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
In January of 2021 my GE dishwasher model GDT655SSJ0SS stopped working, no power to control panel. I was told that the service machine control WD21X24901was bad. I replaced it with a new board and the washer worked fine. Three months later the same thing happened again. The vendor exchanged the part, I installed it and the washer worked fine. One week later same thing happened, no power to control panel, no working washer.

Prior to the first part going bad every 3 - 4 weeks the dishwasher would not start, no power to panel. I would flip the breaker on and off a few times and the washer would start.

Also after I replaced the first service control board the green light on the front panel that displayed the cycle finished no longer came on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check the STATUS LED on the machine control board. Is it STEADY ON, STEADY OFF, or blinking a pattern? If its a blinking pattern, count how many times its blinking in a row.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Victor, If the STATUS LED is STEADY ON, that's usually a bad UI(User Interface) Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

You can verify that will a multimeter. The UI operational voltage is output from the main control on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/black. If 13.5 Volts DC is there, replace the UI Board.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Connector J722 is located on the metal casing side of the main control board.

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Victor51

Premium Member
Jake,

I checked this morning and now the LED is flashing and the dishwasher is working. Is it possible the is a bad wire or faulty connection somewhere?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Victor, that's possibly, keep your eye on it.:)

Jake

dangerouslaser

Premium Member
Hello - same dishwasher, same problem.

Main board solid green.

Just tested with a multimeter and I have 13.5 across pins 5 & 2

I assume this means I am safe to replace the UI board?

Do

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are correct, your UI Board is the culprit.

I posted the link to the UI Board in post #4 above for your same model as Victor has: GDT655SSJ0SS

Do you need instructions on how to replace it?

Remember, the new UI Board comes with instructions to set the personality jumpers per your model number, you will need to follow the instructions to set the jumpers before you install the new UI Board.:)

Jake

dangerouslaser

Premium Member
Thank you Jake!

I will replace the board and post the results here.

Funny enough - same as Victor, my machine seems to decide where and when it wants to work. Woke up this morning and the UI board was on so we rushed to fill it and run the machine before we had to had wash everything.

-Bryan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bryan, yes sometimes the dishwasher will start working out of the blue again, but not for long, till it acts up again until the UI Board is replaced.:)

Jake