GDT655SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher won't start

martindg

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Hello,

When I try to start my dishwasher, I get a continuous blinking yellow light and a few beeps. I reset using the buttons and when that didn't work I turned off the breaker and waited till the next morning and that didn't work either. This model dishwasher, GDT655SSJSS, you push the start button and then close the door within 4 seconds to start.

I've looked at the manual and there's no description of this problem. I imagine it's telling me something, but how do I find out? Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to get this working again?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing a digit between the "J" and the "S". The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Here's the results I get:
GDT655SSJ0SS
GDT655SSJ2SS
GDT655SSJ4SS
GDT655SSJ5SS

Jake

martindg

Premium Member
GE Dishwasher serial number

Hi Jake.

IMG_20190605_214319541 - Edited.jpg

Ah, ok. I see GDT655SSJ0SS (see attached picture). Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Doug,

Check your machine control board Service LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the machine control board Service LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24799 Machine Control

Here's the video that show you how to remove the cover to access the machine control board, and Service LED on it: Main control board access video

Jake

martindg

Premium Member
Control Board Lights

Hello again Jake. Sorry for the slow responses. I'm having to wait till I get home from work before I can do the things you ask. So I just looked at teh control board and I'm getting 1 flashing light. It's in the middle of the board and it blinks continuously....2 blinks then a pause. The main light on the outside beneath the handle blinks yellow continuously. It also beeps continuously.....3 beeps then a pause.

The door looks aligned properly too and it looks like it's making good contact with the switch on the washer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the Service LED is flashing 2x per 3 seconds=Unit is in delay start and is waiting to start a cycle. The cycle will begin once the delay expires.

Hold the Cycle Select and Start pads simultaneously for 5 seconds.

--->The first 10 seconds is a door status check.
If the door is closed all the LED's will be solid.<---Did you close the door to make sure the LED'S were solid?
If the door is open all the LED's will flash.

Does it do that?

Jake

martindg

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, but I got it. One of the buttons was stuck. When I took out the control board, I started pushing the buttons to try and reset (again) and lo and behold it started working.
I'm good to go now.

Thanks again.
Doug

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Doug.:)

Your referring to the buttons on your user interface control board in the control panel?

Here's the user interface control board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

If that problem keeps happening, you'll need to order and replace it.:)

Jake

martindg

Premium Member
Jake,

It was the user interface buttons on the top of the door. It's a fairly new dishwasher so I think it was a fluke. May happen more and more ad it gets older, but we'll see.
Thanks,
Doug