• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT655SSJ2SS GE Dishwasher no power / no display / flashing service LED

MattP3

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Hi,
I've read through similar threads that sound like the same issue, however, the service LED on the control board is not solid green like in other posts; it is flashing on mine. I took a 15-second video and counted the service LED flashing ~25 times - so more than once per second. I've tested pins #2 and 5 with my multimeter and it registers 13.5V. My dishwasher is hard-wired and I have to kill the power at the breaker, wait a few minutes, and then turn it back on to get the dishwasher working again. Once doing so, it will work fine for a couple of days, but then it eventually goes dead again where the buttons on the door panel don't do anything, nor do they light up anymore. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Flashing rapidly(4x per second)--->Software error, replace MC(Machine Control) board.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

After it goes dead again, do the 13.5 volts DC test again at pins #2 and #5 and see what you get.

If you get proper voltage, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Jake

MattP3

Premium Member
Jake,
Thanks so much for the reply. I tested pins #2 and #5 again now that the dishwasher is dead again and I got 14 volts DC. Since it's just a tad over 13.5V, I assume proceeding to replace the UI board would be the first thing to try?
Thanks again,
Matt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Matt, you got it!

Order and replace the UI Board and that should fix it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.