• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT655SSJ4SS GE dishwasher has No water during wash cycle

javila1212

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ4SS
Brand
GE
My dishwasher fills, heats and has great pressure on all racks and arms in the pre-wash cycle.

Then it drains before wash cycle. The detergent cup opens but the machine doesn't fill with water again.

The heating element comes on and bakes the dishes and detergent since there is no water in the tub.

Then, when the Rinse cycle comes up, the machine fills with water and has great pressure. It finishes the rinse cycle then heat dries the dishes if selected.

However, the dishes get so baked during the wash cycle when there is no water or detergent that baked on food needs to be scraped off and washed by hand.

I have unplugged the dishwasher and plugged it back in, and have cleaned both filters.

I also noticed that if interrupted during the rinse cycle, it won’t come back on at all. If I restart the dishwasher after trying to run a cycle, it doesn’t do anything besides hum.

Any ideas on what the issue is? It just started 2 days ago.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your missing a digit in your model number, read it from the model number tag, which is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Here's the results I get:
GDT655SMJ0ES
GDT655SMJ2ES
GDT655SMJ4ES
GDT655SMJ5ES

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

When the dishwasher does not fill when its suppose to fill, Stay with the machine listen for water coming into the machine.

If you hear no water entering, you will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 DC Volts at the water inlet valve electrical connectors.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
WD15X24213 Water Inlet Valve

If you DO NOT get 13.5 DC Volts when it should be filling, then ohm test the float switch(while the button on it is pushed in) for continuity.

Here's the float switch for your model:
Float Switch WD21X23498

Its in-stock here if you need it:

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing Page 51 tells you how to access the float switch. Make sure you disconnect power to your dishwasher before ohm testing it.

Jake

javila1212

Premium Member
So my husband replaced both parts, and it’s still not running a wash cycle. Any other ideas what could be wrong?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you will need a multimeter to do the NO FILL FLOW CHART on Page 50 of the service manual I posted above. I'm attaching it below too.

Access main control, locate connector J711, Is resistance from pin 1 WR to pin 2 SX 32 Ohms?

The only part left that would cause this is the machine control board, or a faulty wire harness.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-06 08.09.14.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-06 08.09.14.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 4